Established in 1977, Siren Arts and Advocacy is an innovative, cutting edge and creative project for people with learning disabilities. Siren has a great reputation for supporting people to fulfil their ambitions e.g. our artists have exhibited at the Tate Modern; our filmmakers have won awards and appeared on mainstream TV, and Wild Bunch DJs are recognised as some of the best disabled DJs in London. Siren Arts and Advocacy loves working with the arts; this includes visual, multi-media and drama. We believe that the arts bring out strengths and provide a way in which people with learning difficulties can express opinion, develop ideas and show off their considerable talents as artists and performers.
- Wild Bunch Club win an award for Outstanding Contribution to Islington Life 2014
- Participants from our film making group produces ‘No Fairies Ever Took My Teeth’ and wins Jodi Award
- Siren Artist Mark Forbes sells his ‘Obama’ Portrait at Tate Modern
- Wild Bunch Club has a record breaking 320 participants at its Valentines Party at mainstream club Electrowerkz
- Siren Project completes its 3 year Partnership with Shape Arts’ Articulate Project, helping young people intomployment
- Wild Bunch DJs ongoing partnership with mainstream festival Supernormal
- First Choice Trainers deliver LD awareness training to Islington Police
- Siren Project partners up with Lilian Baylis theatre to for The Power performance
- Wild Bunch Committee joins forces with to gain victory over Channel 4 at Ofcom Protest for the inappropriate use of the ‘R’ word
Elfrida Orchestra – every Friday, 2pm-4.30pm at The Elfrida Society
You will explore different styles of music and work together as a band with experienced musicians. You will also express your personal experiences through lyrics, stories, singing and poetry. Please feel free to bring your instruments with you.
Computer and Social Drop In – every Monday, 4pm-5.30pm at The Elfrida Society
Build your confidence using the computer, apply for jobs, write letters, and surf the internet safely with support from our staff.
Wild Bunch DJ Academy – please call for dates
If you love music and want to learn the DJ-ing basics, this is 7 week course for you. You will be trained by a professional DJ and have an opportunity to perform live in front of an audience.
All groups are commissioned via personal budgets. For pricing details, please call 020 7359 7443 and ask for Berni (Wild Bunch DJ Academy and Internet Drop In) or Frank (Elfrida Orchestra)